Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Despite it being a road game, the Bills and their

Despite it being a road game, the Bills and their 4 года 9 мес. назад #2413

• zhangzk
  • zhangzk аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Завсегдатай
Despite exceeding expectations by making the playoffs for the first time in 18 years Kendall Sheffield Jersey , the Buffalo Bills lamented missed opportunities in their 10-3 loss to the Jaguars in an AFC wild-card game on Sunday.

”I wanted to win this game and get it rolling. I don’t care about the building blocks,” running back LeSean McCoy said. ”I live now in the moment. We had this thing.”

There was even a picture of OJ Simpson wearing a McCoy jersey as he watched the game at a Las Vegas bar.

What they saw were problems that had plagued the Bills late in the season. They didn’t score a touchdown for the second time in six games and squandered a key red zone opportunity late in the second quarter.

Buffalo had first-and-goal at the Jaguars 1 with 2:53 remaining. Coach Sean McDermott and offensive coordinator Rick Dennison elected to call a run-pass option instead of giving it to McCoy, who had eight touchdowns on the season.

Tyrod Taylor’s pass to Kelvin Benjamin on a fade route was incomplete in the end zone, but Benjamin was called for offensive pass interference, moving the ball back to the Jaguars 11.

The drive stalled from there and they had to settle for a Stephen Hauschka 31-yard field goal at the end of an 18-play, 71-yard drive that took 8:06.

”I came off the ball. All I did was try to come around and catch the ball and they called pushing,” Benjamin said. ”You try to move on from it.”

McDermott said that they made the call because of the situation and that was one of a couple of plays they would like to have back. The field goal gave the Bills a 3-0 lead but the Jaguars tied it with 4 seconds remaining in the first half.

McCoy appeared to second-guess the call a little bit after the game.

”I want a running play. It was a play I was lobbying for the whole time and it didn’t work out so I understand,” he said.

The closest the Bills got in the second half was the Jaguars 38 late in the fourth quarter. That came when Nathan Peterman came in after Taylor was injured with 1:27 remaining when his head hit the turf after being tackled by Dante Fowler. The drive ended when Peterman was intercepted by Jalen Ramsey with 32 seconds left.

McDermott said after the game that Taylor, who was 17 of 37 for 134 yards with an interception, was in the concussion protocol.

”We had a long field on most of our drives. We got some chunk plays at times, but we couldn’t convert on third down,” center Eric Wood said.

The Bills converted three of six third downs in the first quarter http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-john-cominsky-jersey , but were 4 of 12 the rest of the game.

McCoy, who was listed as questionable after spraining his ankle in last week’s victory at Miami, ended up having 75 yards on 19 carries in what he said was a solid game.

”I wasn’t 100 percent. I think the cuts and runs I did were probably made,” he said. ”It’s not the reason we lost. We just didn’t play well.”

One thing that did surprise McCoy was how many fans came down for the game despite having less than a week to make travel plans.

”I was surprised. Coming from Philadelphia the fans travel everywhere,” he said. ”I think Buffalo fans have them beat. I’m extremely disappointed to let them down. They travel so far and rally behind us. Sorry we couldn’t get the win for them.”

For the first time in nearly two months, the New York Mets have won two in a row.

And they did it with style.

”The way we won,” Mets manager Mickey Callaway said, ”is probably more significant than just getting a back-to-back win.”

Brandon Nimmo and Asdrubal Cabrera homered off Brad Boxberger in a four-run ninth inning and the Mets rallied to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-3 on Sunday.

The Diamondbacks led 3-1 entering the ninth and Boxberger (1-3), with his third blown save in 20 tries, struck out the first two batters.

Jose Reyes reached on a bunt single, which Boxberger said ”kind of threw the rhythm off.”

Reyes scored on Jose Bautista’s pinch-hit double that glanced off right fielder Jon Jay’s glove to cut the lead to 3-2. Nimmo, who doubled and scored in the first inning, followed with a two-run shot to right field to put New York ahead 4-3.

”When I came up to bat I was just looking to put the barrel on the ball. He’s on second base. A base hit ties it Qadree Ollison Jersey ,” Nimmo said. ”For me, personally, and for this team, maybe we’ve been trying to do a little too much lately, so there I was just trying to get the barrel on the ball.

”I wasn’t trying to hit a home run, but I know now with my swing that if I get on the barrel and the launch angle is right, it will go.”

Cabrera’s solo shot made it 5-3.

”I have to make a better pitch to Nimmo,” Boxberger said. ”I pulled a changeup right into his barrel? I have to make a better pitch and then we wouldn’t be standing here.”

The Mets split the four-game series in Arizona and won consecutive games for the first time since May 20-21.

The Diamondbacks were 4-3 on the homestand with a frustrating conclusion.

”But that is what makes this game great,” Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said. ”It is heartbreaking. It is rewarding. It is fulfilling and we experience all of those emotions and sometimes all in one game. When it ends like it did today, it is tough.”

Jeurys Familia (3-3), just off the disabled list, allowed a run in an inning of relief to get the victory.

Alex Avila reached to start the Arizona ninth when first baseman Dominic Smith dropped second baseman Cabrera’s throw for an error but Robert Gsellman retired the next three for his third save in seven tries.

Robert Gsellman pitched the ninth for his third save in seven tries.

Clay Buchholz and three Arizona relievers had shut down the Mets since the opening inning until the big rally.

David Peralta doubled in Arizona’s first run in the two-run fourth inning and made a diving grab in left field to rob Zack Wheeler of a hit to end the fifth. Jake Lamb’s bloop single in the eighth made it 3-1.

Buchholz went 5 2-3 innings, giving up a run and four hits.

Nimmo led off the game with a double Marquise Brown Jersey , took third on a ground out and scored on Todd Frazier’s sacrifice fly to center.

New York won for only the third time in 15 games.

”It was really great to come back and get a win like that,” Callaway said. ”That’s something we were doing early on, which feels like three years ago.”

The announced crowd was a sellout of 47,900, second-largest at Chase Field this season behind 48,703 for the season opener.

TOSSED

Mets left-hander Jason Vargas was ejected from the dugout by home plate umpire Jim Reynolds in the bottom of the fourth inning. Vargas is scheduled to start Tuesday night at Colorado.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Mets: Familia had been sidelined since June 7 with a sore right shoulder. To make room, New York optioned RHP Jacob Rhame to Triple-A Las Vegas.

Diamondbacks: RHP Shelby Miller (Tommy John surgery) made his fourth rehab start on Saturday night. He threw 6 2-3 scoreless innings for Class A Visalia against San Jose. Miller allowed three hits and struck out 10 with no walks. He threw 81 pitches, 56 strikes.

UP NEXT

Mets: RHP Jacob deGrom (4-2, 1.55 ERA) takes the mound for New York Monday night in the opener of a four-game series in Colorado. LHP Tyler Anderson (4-1, 4.48) starts for the Rockies.

Diamondbacks: Arizona heads to Anaheim for a two-game interleague series with the Angels. RHP Zack Greinke (5-5, 3.87) starts for the Diamondbacks in Monday night’s opener.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.251 секунд