Логин: Пароль: Запомнить меня
  • Страница:

ТЕМА: Why Cam Newton is not the Carolina Panthers salary

Why Cam Newton is not the Carolina Panthers salary 5 года 1 мес. назад #2348

• zhangzk
  • zhangzk аватар
  • Вне сайта
  • Завсегдатай
I highlighted the players who will likely compete to be the Panthers 2018 “Offensive Salary Cap MVPs” by significantly outplaying their 2018 cap hits. I narrowed the list down to C.J. Anderson http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-mccaffrey-jersey , Jarius Wright, and Tyler Larsen, but several of the CSR faithful made the case in the comments that Cam Newton is the Panthers actual Salary Cap MVP. I thought a healthy debate about Cam’s 2018 cap number could prove to be entertaining, so let’s go there. And just to jump ahead, the answer to the question if Cam is the Panthers 2018 Salary Cap MVP is a clear “No.”Cam vs. all other QBsCam is entering the third season of a 5-year, $103.8 million deal. His cap hit in 2018 will be $21.5 million. Cam’s 2018 cap his is the 13th highest among NFL quarterbacks. But before jumping to the conclusion that his cap number is a great value because he’s better than the 13th best QB in the league (which he clearly is), we have to look at the actual cap numbers of other top-tier signal callers. Here are the QBs with the highest 2018 cap hits, per Spotrac:UntitledRankName2018 Cap Hit (Millions)Pro BowlsSB Wins as StarterRankName2018 Cap Hit (Millions)Pro BowlsSB Wins as StarterNewton’s cap number is sandwiched right between Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.com/daryl-williams-jersey , arguably the two best quarterbacks in the league. Let’s exclude Jimmy Garoppolo for a moment because his $37.0 million cap hit is an outlier based on 2018 being the first year of his new monster contract. (His cap number drops to $20.0 million in 2019 to balance things out.) Excluding Garoppolo and Cam, the average 2018 cap hit for the No. 2 through No. 16 QB is $22.8 million, which is just a hair above Cam’s $21.5 million. This group includes several Super Bowl winners and regular Pro Bowlers. Cam vs. the NFL’s “Top 5” QBsNow let’s just compare Cam to the other top QBs in the league. With Cam excluded, here is my Top 5 list, which is obviously open for debate:UntitledName2018 Cap Hit (Millions)Name2018 Cap Hit (Millions)The cap figure for a Top 5 NFL quarterback in 2018 is $22.9 million, which is right in line with Cam’s $21.5 million. Even if Cam turns in one of the best QB performances of the year in 2018, the Panthers are basically getting their money’s worth. But that’s like saying a Ferrari owner is “only” getting the expected value of a Ferrari. There’s nothing wrong with that. A Ferrari is still a Ferrari!By stating Cam is not the Panthers Salary Cap MVP, I am not disrespecting him. Cam’s my guy. He’s an elite NFL QB. As I’ve previously written Youth Ian Thomas Jersey , the only metric to measure Cam’s performance is in wins, and he’s one of the winningest QBs in the NFL. Only Country Time can rival Cam Newton in the number of times he’s made lemonade out of the lemons the Panthers have given him in terms of subpar weapons and frustrating offensive schemes. Cam’s a top-tier QB, no doubt, but his cap hit is just about where it should be for his caliber of signal caller. No disrespect. Just the truth.The Carolina Panthers currently have their ‘deepest corps’ of receivers since drafting Cam Newton To prepare for the 2018 season, Cat Scratch Reader sent five questions to Football Outsiders to get a feel on what we should expect from the Panthers in 2018. Scott Kacsmar from FO was kind enough to answer our questions, and each day this week we will share one question and answer to foster discussion here at CSR.Yesterday, our question centered around what Panthers fans should expect from the Panthers’ newest playmaker—wide receiver D.J. Moore—in 2018.Today we take a broader look at the wide receivers on the depth chart.How do you think this year’s WR corps compares to Cam Newton’s previous supporting casts?For the first time in years, the Panthers have a legitimate group of wideouts surrounding Cam Newton. Fans should genuinely be excited about the wide receiver position for a change Authentic Ryan Kalil Jersey , since it’s no longer a group that consists of a No. 2 receiver masquerading as a No. 1 target surrounded by five other guys who probably wouldn’t even make another roster. With these added weapons, I believe we’re going to see the best version of Newton possible in 2018. Hell, we could even see CAMVP again this season.What do you think, Panthers fans? Are you looking forward to seeing the revamped wide receiver corps? Do you think the Panthers have a solid group of six? Share your thoughts with us!Also, be sure to stay tuned for the fourth question and answer with Kacsmar tomorrow, where we’ll turn our attention to the defense!You can purchase the 2018 Football Outsider’s Almanac in PDF form for just $20 by clicking here.
Администратор запретил публиковать записи.
  • Страница:
Время создания страницы: 0.215 секунд